Surah Sajdah (Makki Surah) is the 32nd chapter in the Quran, and the benefits of Surah Sajdah are numberless. Makki surahs were revealed during the early period of Prophet Muhammad’s (PBUH) prophethood in Makkah.
There are 30 verses in this Surah, named after the prostration (sajdah) mentioned in verse 15. It contains profound teachings about Allah’s oneness, disbelief’s consequences, the importance of the Quran, and the promise of paradise.
Read More: Surah Naba Benefits in Life
What is Surah Sajdah About?
The 32nd chapter (Surah) of the Quran is Surah Sajdah. It discusses the greatness of Allah and the importance of following His guidance. It also emphasizes the importance of reflecting on the signs of Allah in the natural world and seeking forgiveness for one’s sins.
The Surah ends by describing the rewards of the righteous in the hereafter and the punishments of the disbelievers. Additionally, the Surah contains instructions on the etiquette of prostration (sajdah) during prayer.
Surah Sajdah Facts
|Number of Verses||30|
|Key Message||Signs of God’s existence in nature|
|Virtues||It is believed reciter of Surah Sajdah will enjoy the blessings of God|
25 High-Powred Benefits of Surah Sajdah
The Benefits of Surah Sajdah are countless. Some of them are given below.
1. Protection from harm and misfortune:
Reciting Surah Sajdah is believed to offer protection from harm and misfortune.
2. Forgiveness of sins
Surah Sajdah is said to have great merit and reward, and reciting it can result in forgiveness.
3. Increased blessings
Another Benefit of Surah Sajdah is it increases the blessings in one’s life and brings about more success and prosperity.
4. Removal of anxiety and worry
Surah Sajdah is believed to have a calming effect on the mind and heart, and reciting it can help alleviate anxiety and worry.
5. Strengthening of faith
The message of Surah Sajdah can help strengthen one’s faith and increase one’s devotion to Allah.Surah Sajdah encourages a deep and intimate connection with Allah, the Most High. The central theme of prostration, an act of utter submission to the Divine, is emphasized throughout the Surah, fostering a profound sense of humility and closeness to God.
6. A better understanding of the Quran
Reciting Surah Sajdah can help deepen one’s understanding of the Quran and its teachings.
7. Increased spiritual awareness
Regular recitation of Surah Sajdah can significantly improve one’s concentration during prayers. The verses extol the greatness of Allah’s creation and majesty, making it easier for worshippers to remain focused during their acts of devotion. Another Benefit of Surah Sajdah is increasing one’s spiritual awareness and bringing one closer to Allah.
8. Protection from Satan
Reciting Surah Sajdah can help protect one from Satan’s influence and temptations.
9. Relief from illness
Reciting Surah Sajdah is believed to bring relief from physical and emotional ailments.
10. Removal of poverty
Surah Sajdah is said to have the power to remove poverty and bring financial abundance.The Surah touches upon themes of creation, guidance, and the significance of faith. Regular recitation serves to reinforce one’s spiritual beliefs and enables them to deepen their faith in Allah.
11. Increased wisdom and knowledge
Reciting Surah Sajdah can help increase one’s wisdom and knowledge and make one more insightful and wise. The melodious and soothing recitation of Surah Sajdah has a calming effect, alleviating stress and anxiety. It offers a sense of serenity and tranquility, providing solace during challenging and turbulent times.
12. Protection from calamities
Surah Sajdah is believed to offer protection from calamities and disasters.
13. Inner peace and tranquility
Reciting Surah Sajdah can bring inner peace and tranquility. The content of Surah Sajdah emphasizes Allah’s guidance and His unfailing ability to answer prayers. This instills a sense of inner peace, reassuring believers that they are not alone in their struggles and that divine assistance is ever-present.
14. Protection from enemies
Surah Sajdah is said to have the power to protect one from enemies and their evil intentions. Reciting and pondering over the verses of Surah Sajdah can enhance mental clarity and focus. This, in turn, assists individuals in making better decisions and facing life’s challenges with increased effectiveness.
15. A means of getting closer to Allah
Reciting Surah Sajdah means approaching Allah, asking for His blessings and direction, and following His path. The rhythmic and repetitive nature of reciting Surah Sajdah can promote relaxation and reduce physical tension. This contributes to overall improved physical well-being.
16. Intercession on the Day of Judgment:
Reciting Surah Sajdah is believed to increase one’s chances of being granted intercession. Stress reduction through the recitation of Surah Sajdah can have a positive impact on blood pressure. Chronic stress is known to contribute to hypertension, and by alleviating stress, individuals may experience a reduction in their blood pressure.
17. Increased humility
Surah Sajdah can help increase humility and a sense of submission to Allah.
18. Protection of family and home
Reciting Surah Sajdah is believed to protect one’s family and home from harm and negative influences.
19. Improved mental clarity
Surah Sajdah is said to improve mental clarity and focus and help one make better decisions.
20. Increased blessings on food
It is believed that reciting Surah Sajdah before eating can increase the blessings on the food and bring about more spiritual benefits.
21. Relief from grief and sorrow
Surah Sajdah can help relieve grief and sorrow and comfort those going through difficult times. Thus surah imparts valuable guidance and wisdom. Its verses emphasize the signs in the universe and the importance of reflection, enabling individuals to make more informed and wiser decisions in their daily lives.
22. Protection during travel
Reciting Surah Sajdah before embarking on a journey is believed to offer protection and safety. The Surah encourages believers to be patient in the face of adversity and to seek Allah’s guidance. Regular recitation can help individuals develop patience in coping with life’s daily challenges.
23. Increased reward for good deeds
Surah Sajdah is said to increase the reward for any good deeds performed after reciting it.
24. Inner purification
Reciting Surah Sajdah can help purify one’s heart and mind and remove negative thoughts and emotions.
25. Increased love for Allah
Reciting Surah Sajdah can help increase one’s love for Allah and strengthen one’s relationship with Him.
What is the central message of Surah Sajdah?
Informing people of Allah’s power and the value of heeding His instructions is the core message of Surah Sajdah. The Surah emphasizes the value of acknowledging Allah’s appearances in the natural surroundings, asking for pardon for one’s transgressions, and yielding to Allah’s will. It also emphasizes the unbelievers’ curses and the pious blessings in the hereafter.
The guidelines of the Surah on the correct ways of supplication (sajdah) during prayer serve as a reminder of the need to surrender to Allah in all spheres of life. The Surah highlights that humility, obedience, and loyalty to Allah are the paths to achievement in this world and the next.
See Also: Benefits of Surah Fatah in Life
Surah Sajdah Message
- The Surah begins by highlighting the greatness of Allah and the importance of following His guidance.
- This is followed by a discussion of Allah’s natural signs, such as the creation of the sky and the earth, the change between day and night, and an appeal to meditate on these signs to deepen one’s faith.
- The Surah also emphasizes the importance of seeking forgiveness for one’s sins and repenting to Allah.
- Surah Sajdah describes the rewards of the righteous in the hereafter, such as being in the company of the prophets and the martyrs and the punishments of the disbelievers.
- The Surah calls for humility, submission, and obedience to Allah as the path to success in this life and the hereafter.
When did the Prophet Recite Surah Al-Sajdah?
There are various reports regarding when and how often Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) recited Surah Sajdah. However, a few instances are mentioned in the Hadith where the Prophet recited this Surah or parts of it. Here are a few examples:
- Increased knowledge of Allah and His attributes: The Quran is the word of Allah, and it contains all the knowledge that we need about Him. By reciting Quran, we can learn more about Allah’s attributes, such as His mercy, His wisdom, His justice, and His power. This increased knowledge of Allah can lead to increased faith and conviction.
- Purification of the heart and soul: The Quran is a powerful source of purification for the heart and soul. When we recite Quran, it cleanses our hearts of negative traits such as hatred, envy, and pride. It also fills our hearts with positive traits such as love, compassion, and humility.
- According to a Hadith in Sahih Bukhari, the Prophet recites Surah Sajdah and Surah Al-Insan (Surah Ad-Dahr) in the Fajr (dawn) prayer on Fridays.
- According to a Hadith in Sahih Muslim, the Prophet recites Surah Sajdah and Surah Mulk in his night prayers.
- Another Hadith reported in Sunan Abi Dawud mentions that the Prophet sometimes recites Surah Sajdah and Surah Fussilat in his Fajr and ‘Isha prayers.
- Forgiveness of sins: The Quran promises forgiveness of sins to those who recite it with sincerity. In fact, the Quran states that Allah is the Most Forgiving, the Most Merciful.
- Elevated status in the hereafter: The Quran is a means of increasing our status in the hereafter. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said that those who recite the Quran will be raised in rank on the Day of Judgment.
- Nearness to Allah: The Quran is a means of getting closer to Allah. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said that Allah is close to those who recite the Quran.
In addition to the spiritual benefits, reciting Quran also has many worldly benefits. For example, reciting Quran can improve our concentration and memory. It can also improve our mental and emotional health. Reciting Quran can also bring peace and tranquility to the mind. In addition, reciting Quran can protect us from evil and harm. Finally, reciting Quran can help us to be successful in all of our endeavors.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When was Surah Sajdah revealed?
The Surah’s style suggests that it was transmitted during the middle of Makkah’s history, more specifically during its early phases, as it lacks the same level of persecution and tyranny that one sees in Surahs sent in later periods.
What is the meaning of Sajdah?
(Islam) Sujud is a single act of prostration. (Islam) the name of the 32nd chapter of the Qur’an. (figuratively) prayer.
What is the symbol of Sajda in the Quran?
How to Identify Sajda in the Quran? In most copies of the Qur’an, these are indicated by the symbol ۩ , with an over-line on the word/s that invoked the prostration.
What is another name for Surah Sajdah?
Fuṣṣilat (Arabic: فصلت, fuṣṣilat “are distinctly explained” or “explained in detail”), also known as Sūrat Ḥā Mīm as-Sajdah (Arabic: سورة ﺣﻢ ﺍﻟﺴﺠﺪﺓ), is the 41st chapter (Surah) of the Qur’an with 54 verses (āyāt).
What is Surah Sajdah suitable for?
Surah Sajdah warns the deniers of the Day of Judgment (Qiyamah) shall be punished severely. It also gives the good news of unimaginable rewards for those who believe in Allah, the Prophet, and the Day of Judgment.
In conclusion, the Benefits of Surah Sajdah are countless, and Surah Sajadh is a powerful chapter of the Quran that contains many important messages and lessons for Muslims. It emphasizes the importance of recognizing and submitting to Allah as the one true God and encourages believers to reflect on the signs of His existence and greatness seen in the natural world.
Surah Sajdah is a profound source of spiritual enrichment and a means to attain a holistic sense of well-being. Its teachings encompass faith, guidance, patience, and gratitude, offering a path to a more fulfilling and spiritually nourished life.
Reciting Surah Sajdah is believed to have numerous benefits of surah sajdah, including protection from harm and misfortune, the forgiveness of sins, increased blessings, and improved mental and emotional well-being. By reciting this Surah and striving to live according to its teachings, Muslims can deepen their faith, increase their spiritual awareness, and draw closer to Allah.
By regularly reciting and reflecting upon Surah Sajdah, individuals can forge a deeper connection with Allah, experience inner tranquility, attain improved mental and physical health, and cultivate enriched relationships. The significance of this Surah transcends its 30 verses, providing a gateway to a life that is spiritually uplifted and deeply fulfilling.